2/17/2013

CHRISTIAN DIOR BARBIE - BARBIE DOLL



Picture property of Mattel, Inc. 


MATERIAL QUALITY: Acceptable as usual with collectible Barbie dolls from that period: a little bit better than the playline ones but still far from reaching the quality top.
HAIR: It comes pulled back into a chignon which I like better than the style in the picture above. The hair is just as any other Superstar era Barbie doll's.
FACE SCULPT: Like any other Superstar era Barbie doll's sculpt. Love it or hate it, but that's what you get.
MAKE-UP: Once again, Superstar era...
BODY ARTICULATION: Very basic.
CLOTHING: An extraordinary creation... sewn! I'll have to find someone who can take it off for me: I can't wait to use it with one of my Fashion Royalties.
FASHION ACCESSORIES: Beautiful leaf earrings, ring and shoes... all golden!

BONUS: An elegant black doll stand with a golden Barbie logo is included as well as a little booklet about the doll's creation.
VALUE 4 MONEY: This doll is no longer an expensive item, so I guess getting her is just a matter of enjoying Dior's designs. I suppose she should be a great deal of a collectible, but she was overproduced losing part of her eventual value.


FINAL RATING: 
IN OTHER WORDS: A sensational (and sewn) ensemble is all this doll has to offer. A doll just to be looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate