3/09/2013

BARBIE RUBY RADIANCE VS. IN THE LIMELIGHT - BARBIE DOLL



Pictures property of Mattel, Inc. 

These two dolls are both being shipped out tomorrow to a couple of new homes. So, I thought it would be cool to review them before they leave me.

MATERIAL QUALITY: Acceptable as most Barbie dolls are: better than the playline ones but still far from reaching the quality top.
HAIR: The original hairstyles are both cool. Now I wonder: how long would it take to restyle them? 'Cos to get them straight seems a nightmare to me.
FACE SCULPT: I personally think they're both ugly. I guess that's because Barbie looks older and charmless. It's just my point of view, but I do think these sculpts are among the ugliest I've seen so far.
MAKE-UP: As ugly as the face.
BODY ARTICULATION: Very basic.
CLOTHING: Two original creations that would have probably looked great in another doll. Sold them both before trying so... can't truly tell.
FASHION ACCESSORIES: Just a pair of not-so-cool shoes, and jewelry.

BONUS: A doll stand.
VALUE 4 MONEY: The price of either doll is crazy: you can get them pretty cheap and awfully expensive. Honestly, neither deserves your money. The world of Barbie Collector is full of nicer dolls.


FINAL RATING: 
IN OTHER WORDS: Get the clothing if you find it cheap, 'cos it's the only worthy part of either doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate