4/14/2013

BARBIE PALM BEACH SWIM SUIT - FASHION MODEL BARBIE DOLL

 Picture property of Mattel, Inc. 

I absolutely fell in love with Robert Best's Palm Beach line for 2010. The Swim Suit doll is the first one from that line that I review. My hopes were high... not anymore. 

MATERIAL QUALITY: As I've said many times before: I love SilkStone material.
HAIR: Although the original hairstyle looks great in the official picture, it gets all messy as soon as you take out the net that supposedly protects it from getting ruined. I haven't tried it yet, but fixing it doesn't seem an easy job.
FACE SCULPT: Too ordinary.
MAKE-UP: It tries to match the orange tones of the clothing. 

BODY ARTICULATION: The
 SilkStone way: limited.
CLOTHING: It looks disappointingly cheap. I love the colour, though.
FASHION ACCESSORIES: No earrings. A pair of cool designed but horribly manufactured sunglasses. The shoes are actually not as great as they look in the official picture.  

BONUS: Just a plain doll stand.
VALUE 4 MONEY: SilkStones are usually supposed to be valuable dolls. This one in particular is an exception: her price hasn't gone up yet, and you can even find her much cheaper than it should. You'd better spend your money in some other SilkStone dolls: there are plenty of them, and much more valuable.


FINAL RATING: 

IN OTHER WORDS: The worst SilkStone doll I've met so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate